Mr Evans appears in general civil, commercial and corporate litigation, insolvency matters including liquidators’ examinations and actions, banking disputes and professional negligence claims. He is a founding member of Nexus Chambers.
Since joining the Bar in 2014, Mr Evans has been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as pre-eminent in the categories Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Barristers, SA (2017 – 2020), Insolvency & Restructuring Barristers, SA (2016, 2017, 2020), and as recommended in Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Junior Counsel, Australia (2019, 2020) and Insolvency & Restructuring, Junior Counsel, Australia (2017).
Before moving to the independent Bar, Mr Evans practised as a solicitor for nearly fifteen years in Australia, Hong Kong and London, often in complex financial litigation and fraud cases.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Graduate Diploma Law and Legal Practice
Admissions and appointments
- Admitted to practice 2000
- Signed bar roll 2014
- South Australian Bar Association
- Council, South Australian Bar Association
- Bar Professional Responsibility Committee
- Joint Rules Advisory Committee
- Participant in JusticeNet and Supreme Court Pro Bono Panel
Areas of practice
- Professional negligence